Aims and Scope
The aim of this international journal is to accelerate progress in laboratory animal experimentation and disseminate relevant information in related areas through publication of peer reviewed Original papers and Review articles. The journal covers basic to applied biomedical research centering around use of experimental animals and also covers topics related to experimental animals such as technology, management, and animal welfare.
Experimental Animals Moves to Online-only Publication
Experimental Animals (EA), the official journal of JALAS, is shifting its operations from print and online publishing to online-only publication in 2020 (Vol. 69 Issue 1). The online versions can be continuously accessed via Pubmed Central (PMC) or J-STAGE (from JALAS website). The printed version cannot be sustained owing to the need to decrease the cost for producing and distributing hard copies. In 2010, the decision on the EA’s shift to the online-only journal was made by the Board of Directors and, after 8 years of online and minimal print dual publication, the time has come to make the transition to an online only journal. Due to EA’s shift away from print publications, its publication fee structure has been revised - this has been agreed at the last the Board of Director meeting at November 16th, 2018.
We would greatly appreciate if JALAS members could kindly understand this change and continuously support publication of EA as before.
Editor-in-Chief, Experimental Animals
Vol. 69. No. 3 July 2020
- Masahide Asano2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 261-268
- Effect of combined extracts of aged garlic, ginger, and chili peppers on cognitive performance and brain antioxidant markers in Aβ-induced ratsWanassanun Pannangrong, Jariya Umka Welbat, Amnard Chaichun, Bungorn Sripanidkulchai2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 269-278
- Osamu Suzuki, Minako Koura, Kozue Uchio-Yamada, Mitsuho Sasaki2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 279-286
- Thy1 promoter activity in the Rosa26 locus in mice: lessons from Dre-rox conditional expression systemSaaki Tamura, Yukiko Yasuoka, Hiromi Miura, Gou Takahashi, Masahiro Sato, Masato Ohtsuka2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 287-294
- Presence of the annular ridge and location of the coronary sinus ostium as morphological features of the right atrium and interatrial septum in healthy common marmosets (Callithrix jacchus)Motoaki Suzuki, Masaki Ogata, Yuzo Murata, Satsuki Suzuki2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 295-305
- Transgenic mouse model exhibiting weak red fluorescence before and strong green fluorescence after Cre/loxP-mediated recombinationRyoko Akai, Michiko Saito, Kenji Kohno, Takao Iwawaki2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 306-318
- Female C57BL/6 and BALB/c mice differently use the acoustic features of male ultrasonic vocalizations for social preferencesKensaku Nomoto, Akiko Hashiguchi, Akari Asaba, Takuya Osakada, Masahiro Kato, Nobuyoshi Koshida, Kazutaka Mogi, Takefumi Kikusui2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 319-325
- Jinglei Li, Haishan Wu, Yuting Liu, Liu Yang2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 326-335
- Shunya Nakayama, Hiroshi Koie, Chungyu Pai, Yasuyo Ito-Fujishiro, Kiichi Kanayama, Tadashi Sankai, Yasuhiro Yasutomi, Naohide Ageyama2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 336-344
- Akihiro Kamikawa, Jumpei Seko2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 345-353
- Yang Li, Jiamao Lin, Jun Xiao, Zhenxiang Li, Jin-song Chen, Ling Wei, Xingwu Wang2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 354-362
- Schisandrin ameliorates cognitive deficits, endoplasmic reticulum stress and neuroinflammation in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced Alzheimer’s disease ratsLin Song, Zhongyuan Piao, Lifen Yao, Limei Zhang, Yichan Lu2020 Volume 69 Issue 3 Pages 363-373